Youth Access Fund
Outward Bound Canada’s Youth Access Fund was created to reduce financial barriers to Outward Bound Canada expedition programs for youth across the country. The Youth Access Fund is a grant that subsidizes the cost of the Outward Bound Canada course fee. The model is based on financial need and a ‘pay what you can’ approach. Many of our courses listed in our “Course Finder” are eligible for a grant under the Youth Access Fund. Contact us if you would like to confirm that your course of interest is eligible for a Youth Access Fund grant.
- Applicant must be between 12–19 years of age and currently residing in Canada.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need and fall within the income eligibility criteria. Eligibility criteria may be found on page three of our application package (see below).
- Applicant must understand the expectations of the program and provide informed consent.
- Applicant must be interested and motivated to participate.
There is no deadline to apply – applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds are available. First-time applicants receive priority.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Read the Youth Access Fund Application package and determine if you are eligible to apply
- Choose your course (check out our Course Finder for options)
- During the registration process, add the Youth Access Fund to your cart.
- When the final deposit screen appears, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in financial assistance.
- Note: the application package and all other course documentation need to be completed in order to be approved for funding
- Click here to download our Fundraising Toolkit – fundraising for your course is encouraged and fun!
- Click here to download the Youth Access Fund Application Package
1-888-688-9273 ext. 211 or 222