Youth Access Fund
Due to an overwhelming number of requests for our Youth Access Fund bursary, we are currently building a waitlist for applications. To be added to the waitlist, please apply via our registration portal. When the final deposit screen appears, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know you are interested in financial assistance.
If additional funds become available thanks to our generous donors, we will notify those who have applied.
We encourage families to review and consider applying to any of our full scholarship opportunities if they are eligible.
YOUTH ACCESS FUND
Outward Bound Canada’s Youth Access Fund was created to reduce financial barriers to Outward Bound Canada expedition programs for youth across the country. The Youth Access Fund is a grant that subsidizes the cost of the Outward Bound Canada course fee. The model is based on financial need and a ‘pay what you can’ approach. Many of our courses listed in our “Course Finder” are eligible for a grant under the Youth Access Fund. Contact us if you would like to confirm that your course of interest is eligible for a Youth Access Fund grant.
- Applicant must be between 12–19 years of age and currently residing in Canada.
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need and fall within the income eligibility criteria.
- Applicant must understand the expectations of the program and provide informed consent.
- Applicant must be interested and motivated to participate.
There is no deadline to apply – applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis as long as funds are available. First-time applicants receive priority.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Choose your course (check out our Course Finder for options)
- Read the Youth Access Fund Application package and determine if you are eligible to apply
- Fill out the form associated with the course
- Submit your completed Youth Access Fund on our Outward Bound Canada Registration Portal or contact us to request a paper copy.
- Click here to download our Fundraising Toolkit – fundraising for your course is encouraged, and fun!
- Click here to download the Youth Access Fund Application Package
1-888-688-9273 ext. 211 or 222